Rich and full-bodied, like a great cup of coffee, White Chocolate and Espresso Bundt Cake with Coffee Glaze is perfect for October’s #BundtBakers theme.
Hey friends! It’s #BundtBakers time again. I’m thrilled because this month brings me one of my favorite things … coffee.
You see, the theme for October is ‘Beverages.’ When I first read it, my mind immediately went to an array of alcoholic beverages that I’ve enjoyed over the years, from the mojito to the amaretto stone sour.
Either one of those would have made an awesome dessert. I also considered what I could do with beer since I love the stuff. Stores are packed with various ales and pilsners that have pumpkin highlights. How perfect would that have been for October?
Truth be told, though, when it all boils down to the nitty gritty, my most beloved beverage is coffee. Has been. Will be.
So, thanks, Laura, for choosing Beverages as a theme. I was able to come up with a cake that highlights my favorite drink; coffee. I added white chocolate because even though I love my coffee black, when sugar’s involved, I like some creaminess as well. Café au lait anyone?
The glaze? Well, that’s just added fun and an exclamation point of coffee flavor.
You know you want to see everyone else’s beverage bundts, so head on down to the bottom and check out the rest of the crew’s. Be sure to visit Laura, October’s esteemed host, over at Baking in Pyjamas.
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups brewed coffee
- Whipped cream, powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together egg yolks and granulated sugar until mixture is thick and pale (about 2 minutes). Stir in the vanilla extract and milk.
- Melt the butter and white chocolate chips together in a small bowl, stirring until smooth.
- Sift together flour and next 3 ingredients; gently stir into yolk mixture until just blended.Stir in the butter and chocolate chip mixture.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter in two batches. Pour into a well-buttered 10-cup Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, bring brown sugar and brewed coffee to a soft boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 40 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool
- Before serving, spoon desired amount of thickened syrup over cake and top with powdered sugar. Serve with whipped cream.
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving Bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest Board.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers can be found on our homepage.
This Month’s Collection of Drinks Bundts
- Apple Cider Bundt Cake from That’s My Home
- Apple Cider Bundt Cake w/ Caramelized Apples from The Freshman Cook
- Apple Cider Bundt Cake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Cider Pound Cake from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Apple Juice Spice Bundt with Caramel Apple Glaze from Our Good Life
- Apple Spice Latte Bundt from Living the Gourmet
- Black Forest Hot Chocolate Bundt from Baking in Pyjamas
- Cava Bundt Cake from La mejor manera de hacer…
- Chai Bundt Cake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Chocolate Chai Bundt Cake from Basic n Delicious
- Chocolate Expresso Bundt Cake from En la cocina de Caro
- Dark ‘n Stormy Bundt Cake from Eat, Drink, and Be Mighty
- Earl Grey Bundt Cake with Milk and Honey Glaze from Brooklyn Homemaker
- Margarita Bundt Cake with Candied Limes from How to Philosophize with Cake
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Rose Cake from Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Milo and Condensed Milk Bundt Cake from Passion Kneaded
- Mojito Bundt Cake from Baking Yummies
- Orange Juice Pine Nut Bundt Cake from A Kingdom for a Cake
- Pacharán & Apple Bundlettes from I love Bundt Cakes
- Pumpkin Coffee Bundt Cake from Los Chatos Chefs
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Bundt Cake from Liv for Cake
- Red Wine Chocolate Bundt Cake from Brunch with Joy
- Root Beer Float Bundt from Food Lust People Love
- Tiramisu Bundt Cake from Patty’s Cake
- Vanilla Chai Honey Latte Bundt from Tartacadabra
- White Chocolate and Espresso Bundt Cake with Coffee Glaze from Taking On Magazines
- White Russian Mini Bundt Cakes from Magnolia Days