California Quinoa Greek Salad #BloggerCLUE Day

Pin on PinterestTweet about this on TwitterShare on StumbleUponShare on FacebookShare on YummlyEmail this to someone

California Quinoa Greek Salad | | Packed with vegetables, loaded with protein and absolutely delicious, this California Quinoa Greek Salad is my choice for #BloggerCLUE reveal day.

Hello, my friends, and welcome to another reveal day in the Blogger C.L.U.E. club! About six weeks ago, I was handed a clandestine, self-destructing envelope with the name of my secret blogger and instructions to pick a dish that I’d like to bring to a picnic to share with you.

Oh, did I hit the jackpot. My secret blogger is Kim from Liv Life, someone I love dearly even though I’ve never met.

While a face-to-face coffee date hasn’t happened (yet), I consider Kim my friend on the other side of the country. Over here on the east coast, I have Canada geese waddling away from me as fast as they can while I try to snap photos of them on my front lawn so I can share them with my west coast friend who’s never seen one in the ‘wild.’

On the other side of the country, Kim visits avocado farms and brings home bushels of the fruit while I look on via the Internet, as green with envy as the avocados that grow there but not here are.

Kim’s blog, Liv Life, is name such as a clever pun and celebration of her daughter, Liv, who inspires her family in ‘living life to its fullest’.

And inspire is what Kim does too. From her amazing food (check out the Football Stromboli, Banana Pancakes or  Grilled Fish Tacos to see what I mean) to Liv’s dance competitions, Kim pushes me to grab the best out of life even though we’re 2,500 miles apart.

It was so easy for me to find a picnic-type dish on Live Life. Kim’s the queen of salads so I knew I was going to find the perfect one before I started looking.

This California Quinoa Greek Salad stopped me in my tracks as soon as I saw it. It was so super simple to make and contained everything I love about summer so I made it right away. In fact, I made it twice. And will make it over and over this summer.

Holy cow, this was good. I loved it. To share my joy in the salad, I reached out to another Kim, this time a friend who lives on my side of the country. When she came to pick up her daughter, who’d been having a play date with Sophie, I handed her a bowl full and asked her opinion.

Let’s just say that the amount of salad that was left in the bowl was much decreased after Kim’s ‘taste.’ She enjoyed it as much as I did, maybe even more (if that’s possible). The flavors meld well together and their awesomeness is punctuated by the feta cheese’s exclamation point of salty goodness.

The fact that I’ve made this salad twice this month and plan to make it again and again as the summer wears on is a testament to how good it is.

The Recipe

• garbanzo beans (chickpeas), about ½ can - drained and rinsed
  • avocado, chopped
  • 2 Tbs (or so) freshly squeezed lemon
  • 2 Tbs (or so) good quality olive oil
  • salt to taste
  • feta cheese, crumbled
  1. In a small saucepan add the 1 cup of water and the ½ cup of quinoa. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the liquid has been absorbed (about 15 minutes). Set aside to cool.
  2. In a medium bowl combine the cherry tomatoes, red onion, chickpeas and avocado. Squeeze a wedge of lemon over the top and drizzle with olive oil. Salt to taste, but salting lightly if you will be using the crumbled feta. Stir gently to combine. Add the quinoa, stirring gently again to combine.
  3. Spoon onto serving plates and top with crumbled feta.

As you know from the last several second Wednesdays of the month, the Blogger C.L.U.E. Society is a group of food bloggers who play a game together; sneaking around each other’s sites and surprising one another with the dishes we make from what we find. It’s our chance to have fun together and since you’re here, you get to be a part of the game. I’d love it if you’d take a minute and check out the other players. Heck, you may even find the person who got Taking On Magazines as their blog before I do. If you do discover who it was, let me know, okay?

Participating Bloggers:

25 thoughts on “California Quinoa Greek Salad #BloggerCLUE Day

• July 5, 2015 at 6:27 pm

So simple and delicious. Love Kim’s site as well. Perfect choice for a picnic!

• June 12, 2015 at 11:18 pm

Feta is the best in salads, isn't it?! Kim's version with quinoa looks and sounds wonderful!

• June 12, 2015 at 1:38 am

Man, for someone that isn't a huge fan of salads, I'm changing my tune after seeing all these lovely salads in this month's roundup. I like that this one has a bit of "meat" to it (without having any meat at all). And hooray for Kim, I'm so glad you guys were paired up this month!

• June 11, 2015 at 3:58 pm

Oh my goodness, I love this idea! I would have never thought to add quinoa to Greek salad but it sounds awesome! I am a sucker for a good Greek salad and this one looks awesome! I might have to stop at the store so I can make this for dinner! Fabulous choice for a picnic!

• June 11, 2015 at 9:38 am

Going on a girls only retreat in a couple of weeks. I am in charge of the food and I know this will show up on the menu!

• June 11, 2015 at 8:57 am

I love all these awesome salad recipes being shared for #BloggerCLUE!! This one looks absolutely fantastic!!

• June 11, 2015 at 7:45 am

I'll have to try this one after all of the rave reviews! :) What a great job and Liv's dance photos are always stunning!

• Pingback: Puff Pastry Antipasto Squares #BloggerCLUE

• June 10, 2015 at 9:29 pm

Kim had a great blog and she is a wonderful person. Boy you picked a perfect recipe for a picnic!!

• Pingback: Blogger CLUE: Apple Chips | Sew You Think You Can Cook

• Pingback: California Quinoa Greek Salad - Yum Goggle

• Pingback: Picnic Fare for June C.L.U.E. « Eliot's Eats

• June 10, 2015 at 3:50 pm

Mmmmm, this looks so good. I can imagine I'd make it more than once in short order, as well. And what I wouldn't give to be able to bring home basket-loads of just picked avocados!

• June 10, 2015 at 12:17 pm

Ok… I think I'm blushing…!!! Love you Christiane, and one of these days we really are going to sit down to that lunch. I think of you often and feel like I've watched little Sophie grow up from afar. And those geese, I love them! Thanks for a beautiful post.
    And, you won't believe what I'm packing for my car ride to Santa Barbara today?? This salad. I actually tossed it together last night and I'm ready to hit the road. I've got about 10 hours on the road today, I could either begin and end my day at home (which I'm doing), or I could be in London. Ah well. I do get 4 hours in the car with my boy all to myself!
    Thanks again, my friend. You made my day!

• June 10, 2015 at 11:40 am

Kim (and you!) have done it again! What a yummy quinoa salad—so many from this month's Blogger Clue that I must make—this is at the top of the list. I hope you and Kim get to meet in person one day—I am thrilled that I've met you both!

• June 10, 2015 at 11:33 am

Wow, this looks scrumptious!! A perfect summer salad…and would be lovely on a picnic!

• June 10, 2015 at 11:25 am

Oh YUM! Avocado with anything sounds wonderful! Such a beautiful salad

• Pingback: Duck with Pear Wraps and Limeade with Chia Seeds #bloggerclue - Kelli's Kitchen

• June 10, 2015 at 11:22 am

This has everything that I would enjoy in a summer salad! Will be giving this a try.

• June 10, 2015 at 9:58 am

I know what you mean about Kim. It feels like she's an old friend and I've never met her in person either. She is indeed the queen of salads and I do believe that quinoa is one of her specialties. I bet this salad tastes as delicious as it looks!

• Pingback: Watermelon Feta Salad | Lemons and Anchovies

• Pingback: Green Bean & Corn Salad #BloggerClueSociety - A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen

• June 10, 2015 at 7:02 am

I made a similar salad for my son and I one time and it was delicious. I love salads of this type in the summer.